2019 Will be the Year for B2B Video Marketing. Are You Ready?
According to Wyzowl who surveyed over 500 different companies:
- Online video marketing is used by 81% of respondents; a 21% increase from 2016.
- Nearly all business who are using video plan to continue in 2019 and 85% plan to increase their video marketing budgets
- On average, prospects watch 1.5 hours of online video per day.
Marketing Tip: If you are looking for some ideas on the best video for your business, schedule a complementary No BS web analysis. We will take a look at your business and your competitors and give you several cost-effective ideas for promoting your business with video.
Why Are More B2B Marketers Using Video As Part of Their Media Mix?
- People would rather watch the Internet than read it,
- Video tells a story and adds color that can’t easily be replicated in text,
- Video educates and informs. Would you rather watch or read “how to” instructions?
- People do business with people. Video allows a personal connection.
- Video makes websites more sticky as users tend to spend more time and view more pages.
- 59% of B2B decision-makers prefer video over text content
Video also helps with SEO. Forrester Research reports that it is 53 times easier to rank a video in Google’s search results than other content. Video content will become even more search engine friendly due to an increase in closed captioning. Most native video channels default to having the sound turned off. Savvy marketers have started using AI to transcribe audio to create closed captions for their native videos, and this has made them more searchable.
Now that we all carry a video production studio in the palm of our hands, look for B2B video to take on a more personalized approach. Video messages will start showing up in social, email, and as an alternative to phone calls. Videos will be created to thank a customer, answer their questions, or provide context around complex purchase decisions.
8 Examples of Business Video Marketing That Works
Stop thinking about the glitz, glam, and high-dollar expense when you consider adding an online video marketing strategy to your content mix. Below are 4 ways to easily add video without having to hire an expensive corporate video production company or purchase a lot of equipment.
1. Blog to Video – One of the most exciting options for B2Bs if you have been blogging for a while. You already have ample material for great business videos. Recycle older blogs by producing a video highlighting key points. Then upload the video natively in social as a teaser to grab users’ attention and drive them back to your blog. Move the video to your YouTube channel after a few days to get an SEO boost. In the example below, we produced a simple animated video highlighting a blog article and our social selling action plan. We produce similar videos for clients for around $300 each.
4. Promoting a Product or Service – This video was produced using video clips and simple editing software. We use the video to highlight the importance of social selling and how we can help businesses get started. The video is 15 seconds which is the perfect length to use as a native video in Facebook or LinkedIn.
While B2Bs need to leverage these low-cost ways to create and publish videos, there is also value in upping the production quality for certain types of business videos. Videos that represent your brand or would be considered part of your offering should be professionally produced. Professional video production doesn’t have to be expensive. The best way to maximize value is to shoot a lot of footage at one time with the plan of producing multiple videos. With a full day of shooting, you could expect to get 4-8 final cut videos at a cost of $10-20K. That includes the crew, equipment, and pre/post production. Here are 4 examples:
1. Corporate Brand Video – Corporate brand video should be targeted towards your company’s brand promise and what makes your brand stand out in the marketplace. Because brand videos represent who you are they should be professionally produced. Here are two great examples. The first is from Intel that provides a look into their perspective on the use of virtual reality for businesses. The second is a whimsical video from Zendesk that uses clever storytelling and humor to represent their brand promise.
Can We Help?
Do you need help developing a business video marketing strategy? We offer strategic planning and video content production services ranging from low-cost blog to video production to full scale on-site or in-studio video production. If you are interested in learning more, sign up for a complimentary initial consultation/discovery meeting. Schedule yours today and let’s see if we can help.